Competition Must Haves
Written By: Dancer Blog Crew
Dancers! Competition season is right around the corner and we want to make sure everyone is prepared. Here are a few essentials you should pack in your bag!
- Hair ties
- Bobby Pins
- Hair spray
- Hair Brush, Comb
- Glitter for Hair
- Curling Iron
- Makeup: Foundation, Powder, Eyeshadow, Mascara, Matte Lipstick, Fake Lashes, Glue for Fake Lashes
- Wet Wipes
- Makeup mistakes are super common when you are put up against time. Having makeup wipes makes cleaning up the mistakes so much faster and precise.
- All costumes
- Make sure you write your name on ALL costume and hair pieces with a permanent marker to avoid confusion and exchanging of costumes.
- Clear Bra Straps ONLY
- Having clear bra straps makes your costume look neater and prevents any distractions.
- Safety Pins
- One pair of extra tights
- You never know when a pair of tights can rip or get stained
- Wear black or nude undergarments under tights.
- Comfortable Shoes
- Phone, Charger, and Headphones
- Money for Snacks or a Packed Lunch
- Snacks like bananas or granola bars will keep you full, energized, and ready to dance. Make sure not to pack or buy fatty foods that might make you feel sick or too full, like chips or candy.
- Put your name on the inside of ALL your costumes, headpieces, shoes, and bag.
- Lots of dancers will have the same costume and mix ups happen.
- Pre pack your belongings at LEAST a day prior to competition
- You don’t want to forget anything!!! Make a list.
- Get a good night’s rest!
- Eat a good breakfast
- Stretch before and upon arrival to competition
- Practice all of your pieces
- Practice makes perfect!
- Breathe and relax: whatever happens, happens
- You know your choreography your teachers and dance peers believe in you; believe in yourself!
- Have fun!