Founder, President & Dance Director
Madeleine Richmond has had some unique life experiences, but through it all, one constant remained, that is DANCE. Mady started dancing ballet at the young age of 3. She had always loved to dance and her Mother and Father dreamed of her one day becoming a professional dancer. At the age of 7, her mother tragically passed away, breaking her heart and leaving her under the care of her grandmother. Dealing with the emotions of losing her mother, Mady stopped dancing and tried to cope with the pain of this life changing event.
For the next two years, she searched for happiness and stability, but was left feeling isolated and emotionally torn. At the age of 9, under the encouragement of her grandmother, Mady started to dance again and discovered what she had once felt before, freedom. This freedom within the music and movement when she danced, allowed Mady to let go of her emotions and clear her mind. However, her peace was about to be broken again. The next unexpected life event occurred when Mady’s father became very sick and passed away at the age of 13. Dance once again was her therapy and emotional outlet, as she struggled to find her purpose in life.
Through the next few years, Mady studied Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Acro, Contemporary, Hip Hop and Flamenco. She was a South Miami Cobra Dancer for two years and in her senior year, she made the South Miami Cheerleading Team. Next, she was chosen as a Florida Marlin Mermaid, launching her into her professional career as she became the youngest dancer on the team. Mady has continued to dance professionally, following the early dreams of her Mom and Dad.
Mady’s accolades include the following:
- (2) years as a Florida Marlins Mermaid
- (1) year as a Florida Panthers Ice Dancer
- Master of Science degree in Charter School Administration
- Educational Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction ESOL Endorsed
- (7) years as a 5th grade Math and Science teacher in South Florida
- (2) years as the Lead Science Teacher at Mater Beach Academy K-9
- Radio interviews with DJ Laz from POWER 96, Enrique Santos with Mega 94.7, Michael Yo with Y100
- Live performances with Wyclef, King Arley, Don Francisco and Skyler Gordi
- (10) years working for Jammin Express, M&M Entertainment and M3 Productions as a professional entertainer
- (15) years as a professional dance instructor for a variety of South Florida dance studios, private and public schools
- Private Choreographer for Galilea from Nickelodeon’s “Talia in the Kitchen” and Nickelodeon’s “I am Frankie”
- TV performances & Interviews for Sabado Gigante, Mega TV, Republica Deportiva, Despierta America, Caliente. CW Inside South Florida and Telemundo
- Music video performances with Pitt Bull, Cafe Groove and 504 Boyz
Founder & Vice President
Jay has worked in the construction industry for over 15 years and has played a key role in developing Amicon Construction’s reputation since 2010. As Director of Project Management for Amicon, Jay oversees a variety of commercial construction projects by managing the construction team, design team, consultants and client from the conceptual phase through the project close out phase. Jay’s leadership and mentoring has been beneficial in Amicon’s growth strategy to be South Florida’s #1 commercial interiors specialist. He is a licensed State of Florida General Contractor and a member of the BNI Biscayne Connection group.
As Vice President of Mady’s Dance Factory, Jay manages business development and marketing. He is actively engaged alongside Mady in the daily operations and planning of large events. His business entrepreneurial mindset has been instrumental in developing the Mady’s Dance Factory brand.
Brickstone Media was started by Jay to create an outlet for his passion with professional photography and videography. Over the past few years, Jay’s client list has grown as he has serviced customers for Corporate Photo Shoots, Sporting Events and Quinces.